View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
I havent really read many of the replies to this post, but ill throw what i have experianced in there. The flowmaster 80 setup is what i have, and i have gotten nothing but compliments and looks of fear from my car buddies. It was a fairly easy fit, and the sound is mean from idle to 4500rpm on MY setup, which is completely stock besides the muffler and tips which are quads. The one thing i dont like though is that the wicked sound dies off after 4500rpm and it goes back to sounding stock, so if you are like, gunning it, the sound wont stick around for long as it climbs the tach. I have heard horror stories about how loud flowmasters can be inside the car and such, and was wary, but once i took the plunge, i realized that it is almost as quiet as stock under normal acceleration, just deeper. Well since I didnt read the other replies, I cant really support or protest their claims but i might add more later....anyways, thats my 2 cents...hope it was helpful

MAY THE SVX LIVE LONG!
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot