Thread: Tps
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 09:08 PM

Registered SVX
Thanks Collins but could you please be more specific in regard to the questions I raised in my post which I repeat as follows with additions, as this would be of great help and much appreciated : -

Was the contact pressure adequate do you reckon, or had the SS backing lost some tension ???????????

Now that you are aware of exactly what is involved, do you think the back cover portion could be cut off say with a fine hack saw blade to be replaced using epoxy or other suitable adhesive. P.S. and if possible exactly where should the cut be made ????????????

The saw would remove some material and so reduce internal clearance but if this a factor possibly reinforced gap filling glue or a gasket may get over the problem. P.S. Is it possible to achieve restoration of the cover granted some dexterity and basic skills ???????

P. S. Is it possble that the damage you presume you caused in respect of one bifurcated contact was in fact not something you did, but rather an existing fault in the unit and which gave you the cause for its replacement P.S. Was there evidence of severe contact wear. ????????

The object of the exercise was to find out the actual cause of malfunctions. If contact pressure is the common problem it should be possible to fix this. The mechanism is very simple and on the basis of my experience I see no reason why a good handy man should not be able to restore contact pressure. This could save members money and who knows replacements may become scarce.

Sorry to trouble you with more queries, but it would be a pity not to take full advantage of the trouble you have already gone to and the opportunity you have provided.

Thanks again, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!