View Single Post
Old 04-14-2001, 03:56 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Cool Big Thanks...

Thanks to all for your kind wishes... it's been pretty arduous. On the bright-side, my "1-handed typing" is coming along leaps and bounds

The other car in the accident was an NY yellow cab who was coming down 58th street at about 50mph... on a suspended license no less. The driver wasn't belted in, and despite being removed from the car on a stretcher, was discharged before I was in the custody of a couple of nice NY cops. He walked out of the ER... I limped!

So far I'm popping a lot of pain killers... actually I was going slow enough at the time of impact that my face never touched the airbag, but righr after it I just wanted out of that car and away from "airbag smoke"... still ended up with some of it in my lungs though, but I'll live.

I also forgot to mention that I dislocated my shoulder in the wreck too, but popped it back into place before the ambulance arrived... didn't feel it until the next morning... adrenaline's a wonderful thing, no?

Thanks for the offer dubjay, I'd take you up on it, but that's what my wife's doing until Monday when I fly back to Manhattan for 3 days to finish the job (work sent me home 1st class flight to recuperate... is that cool of them or what? )

Anyhow, my arm should be out of the sling by Monday, but I'll be wearing a wrist brace through the end of the week to allow my poor bruised tendons time to heal (and the swelling go down). I'll be quiet on the net for a few days, but hey... aren't I always any more?

And yes, I was a "founding father" of the Yahoo! club... but even I haven' checked in over there in weeks. Go figure