View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsegretosvx
did you have to make alot of mods to the seat bracket? I was looking at putting in WRX seats with stock brackets, but didnt want to buy anything until I knew if they would fit.

I'm quite certain it won't fit. Totally different. Not sure why you'd want to anyways as they are definately cheap seats that aren't the most supportive new I can't imagine after 100k. My old Impreza seats were about useless by 90k. Sure they look decent but really you'd be much happier going with something aftermarket if you did anything. Personally I wouldn't touch 'em as I find the SVX seat to be decently sporting for a GT car. Besides, they are intergal to the design of the interior. If you really want a subie seat find yourself a new XT6 drivers seat. YOU WILL BE IN HEAVEN. Very durable seat. Last a good 150k or so before showing signs of wear and definately the most supportive and comforable seat made by Subaru to date. Don't laugh, remeber, the XT6 was about 20k new in 1988 so it was definately a more expensive care than the WRX ever will be. In order to keep prices down Subaru had to cut corners on the Impreza. The seats are one of those corners.