View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 05:21 AM
5 speeds rock! :D

Quote:
Originally posted by manofmayo

Obviously you don't remember the early 80's with exceedingly high interest rates and massive unemployment.
I believe you were 14 years old in 1980. Also, never forget that your economic knowledge is the sum of the opinions of those who educated you. There are differing viable economic theories.

I voted against him. I was young and foolish. I was one of those "bleeding heart liberals". I mourned when he won.

I have since come to recognize him as one of the great modern leaders. He gave us back our pride. He enabled us to recover from a time of economic disaster. He restored strength to our nation's military, and brought us back from our state of crippled weakness. He helped us to hold our heads high as Americans as very few can. He had convictions and followed them, even if it made some people uncomfortable or cost him votes. He dared to deal with the things he knew were wrong. He forsaw the wisdom of highly advanced defense systems. He was instrumental in ending the Cold War and the foolish military escalations related to it. Even if you disagreed with him, it was clear that his leadership and decisions were motivated by what he believed deep inside to be best for our country, not his political self interests. He modeled committment.

Though I have not always agreed with him, I respect Ronald Reagan as one of the last great statesmen. Our nation needs more men of his courage in leadership.

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC