View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: Twin Turbo EG33 Build - cozykat

Okay.. so I am terrible at updating. Well really, there wasn't much to update on.

I decided to purchase Mike's 244 duration intake camshafts with the 264 duration exhaust camshafts since they seemed like a good option. From order to delivery it took about 2 months (I think) due to it being a custom job. Mike has to acquire cams first since I opted to keep my stock cams. I consider installing my stock cams and dynoing and then swapping to compare results. However, I kinda just want my engine together already.

good news: started assembling my block. A coworker who is a veteran mechanical engineer offered his workshop and guidance. His job is building/rebuilding engines while testing the effectiveness of oil lubricants. Considering it is my first engine build from the ground up, I've been hesitant to simply start slapping things together. While I can follow directions, I lack the experience to have developed techniques and tricks to ensure a successful build. So its been a great opportunity for me to learn good techniques.

The short block is assembled and its starting to look like a long block:

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram

Last edited by cozykat; 08-16-2010 at 01:10 PM.