Thread: Site Update
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2001, 10:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Talking

Quote:
Stir, stir, stir,stir........hheeeheeeehheeeehheeeeee!!!
You couldn't help yourself could you!!!

It was the magazine that ended and with that, the articles too! As for the top speed, I'm sure the engineers who designed and worked on the XJ220, so named because of its professed top speed of 220 miles per hour, have gone into hiding since no-one, anywhere, has been able to top 217 mph. *fuel for the fire!*

Anyways, top speed runs are so variable: tyres, road surface, camber, degree of inclination (banked track = massive side loadings - see the McLaren F1 top speed run at Millbrook in the UK cf the top speed run on Audi's test track - the latter got a higher top speed and was a long oval with two very long straights cf Millbrook being a banked oval), ambient air temperature; wind conditions and finally, a certain phsical attribute of the driver that involves spherical objects and an oft-repeated comparison to brass!!

At the end of the day, that magazine test was the only one that I have ever seen on a top speed test independant of those done by Fuji Heavy Industries. 245kph in a 200SX was enough for me...I am happy at the national speed limit of 110kph!!!

Jamsvx

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!