View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:35 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
-------- When I changed the pipe to 45mm but left the oulet cap on the pump at 33mm that point became the point of restriction or pressure. -------
I have asked you to advise why the radiator outlet and pipe is too small. You have not done so, but now appear to confirm that what you actually think is involved, is a restriction within the pump cap, rather than the radiator outlet.

Quote:
-------- It is worth noting that any problem on the vacum side can be found with a vacum guage into the suction of pump.
(You confirm the arrangement involved in your earlier test, which forms the basis of the current theory.)

Exactly, and as I understand it, this is a point in the circuit which is situated after the radiator pipe and the point of inlet within the pump cap. As a result it must be presumed that the critical restriction involves the pump cap/cover rather than the pipe.

Altering the radiator outlet involves extensive work and cost as Tom has pointed out. You have made two modifications and tested both at the same time. Only an enlarged cap/cover may be required. Futile argument has become the order of the day.

As I earlier detected and pointed out, the major problem here invoves the need to communicate via the written word. I am confident that across a table, with the means to draw and sketch, we would be away like a house on fire.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!