View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 AM
SVXT6 Project

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Ok trevor, you may obviously ignore what i say (or change it to mean what you want) as you have done so so many times. but i do not see how you change my comment about the pump and its restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhydroxide
and one of these restrictions is the volume of liquid able to be pulled through the T-Stat cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor
If so the radiator outlet pipe size is the issue being debated.
While the radiator outlet pipe size is (or should be) directly proportionate (ie. the same size) to the t-stat cover inlet pipe, i felt it useless and a waste of time to post something so obvious and trivial. Here you seem to be picking at straws as to how to disprove anything i say.

Point proven, no need to go further in this aspect

Quote:
You are raising points which are not in debate and your theories are untenable.
Now, now is it that immediately my theories are untenable when Suction CAVITATION (as you pointed out in your VERY FIRST POST in this thread could be a major issue) is caused when the "pump suction is under a low-pressure/high-vacuum condition where the liquid turns into a vapor at the eye of the pump impeller." -Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavitation

this low-pressure/high-vacuum spoken of is where the T-Stat cover comes into play. As every intelligent person would agree, a larger pipe can flow a larger amount of liquid in a shorter amount of time. When this is compared to a smaller pipe at the same length of time, the speed of the liquid through the pipe is less in the larger pipe, as well as the vacuum or pressure required to cause such flow (in a level plane) would be lower in the larger pipe.

Now, the t-stat cover "may" be able to flow the volume of liquid required to keep the engine cool, but in so doing, my theory is such that, the pump would be required generate a vacuum higher than that of the level where the pump begins to cavitate.

Quote:
The major problem is in fact confined to a lack of understanding that which is written, as you exactly demonstrate.
now, here is one of many points I can say that this thread is riddled with bashing (mostly from you). My understanding of bashing is a comment or implication (in your case smileys) that cause the intended reader any unneeded discomfort or lessens that persons feeling of self-worth (whether intended or not).

the ONLY time I feel bashing is appropriate is when it causes a constructive outcome.
Constructive outcome in this case: becoming closer to finding the solution to the problem at hand.

In your case, i do not feel that insulting other peoples intelligence causes any sort of constructive outcome.

You may scorn, change my words or the intended implications thereof, rant, comment, complain, or just be a general git about this, but the facts and understanding I (and many other I am sure) have of this and your comments are clear.

The following Paragraph is my translation of the sum of your comments, do not read if you feel that this could anger you (as this is not my purpose).

"Hey, try being smart, like me. Do it my way. What, your doing wrong. Do it my way. You have no understanding of this. Do it my way. You have no idea. That doesn't help at all. What?, you're doing it my way, well then make sure to do it perfect(but my way might not work unless you do it perfect). Hey, you don't know. Try being intelligent. I'm just trying to help." ETCETERA

Now, i have proven my point and no longer wish to be in this (or any sort of) discussion with you, as I feel that I have better uses for my time."

Now, to those who's usernames are not trevor.

I would love to be a part in helping find the cause of the overheating in the race engines. I do not have time or the means at the moment to do any sort of tests. IF i have an idea that could be useful, i will post it. But i will not try to enforce it. For the most part, those posting here are very intelligent, and will use any and all input to reach a verdict and solution. It is a joy to read through this thread and to observe how this has escalated from being nowhere to having a Cause, and possibly a solution.

Further we may just have the coolant paths in the block left to discuss, which for most of us would not be something we would lightheartedly tackle.

Honda FT500 Ascot [Red]

Last edited by Ironhydroxide; 01-24-2010 at 08:14 AM.