View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 04:24 AM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhydroxide View Post
OK, I have surfaced once before in the whole scheme of things, but now that i feel that there is more to say here than is being said, as there has been a lot of Bashing going on recently. I wouldn't be surprised if I get flack for this, but i am doing it anyway.

I totally agree with Dessertrunner. There may be more things that are causing the Cooling Problem, but one large one is the restrictions the pump has (ie. flow, max RPM, etc.) and one of these restrictions is the volume of liquid able to be pulled through the T-Stat cover.
If so the radiator outlet pipe size is the issue being debated.

Quote:
Just to put it in perspective to those who think that if a pump can push (displace) a certain amount of water through a certain size pipe, it should be able to suck the same amount through the same size pipe. Try Sucking through a straw as hard as you can till your lungs are full. Then try blowing that same amount of air out through the straw. It is (for one) easier to blow air out of the straw than to suck it into the straw.

Here are some links that i feel should be read in context of this topic. (even for those who think they already know it all, it may be a good refresher) *Cough trevor
You are raising points which are not in debate and your theories are untenable.

Quote:
now it is back to watching intently until I again feel that my comments may be of some actual use to the many other readers here who don't post just cause they feel the testing should be commanded by them. (but those who do don't seemingly suggest many different or constructive tests other than slowing the pump down, or drilling the vanes)
Please read more carefully and you will comprehend that there has NOT been a lot of Bashing going on. The major problem is in fact confined to a lack of understanding that which is written, as you exactly demonstrate.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!