Thread: New Car choices
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack92
I would think accord/ camry and all those cars, but I don't think I could ever go back to a car like that, The above cars from what I heard are very reliable and don't break down much, and i'm looking to get involved in the local AutoX group up here in Boone.
i'm just not sure which one would be best. Anyone have any experiences with any of these cars? I've been around the MKIII supra and BMW quite a bit, but I have heard legends about the potential of the MR2
If you're looking to get involoved in autoxing the best place to start is with an H or a G stock car. You'll learn more faster, cheaper and have more time to enjoy driving rather than replacing parts. Yeah the MR2 has potential but it is 10 year old at the very least so you'd be much better off with a 5 year old Neon (seriously). Personally I'd look for an early Legacy GT (wagon of course as it is extremely practical plus is anything but a ticket magnet). It can be made to be competative at a local level in H stock (provided everyone doesn't drive Mini's) and tires are reasonably priced. Suspension upgrades are simple and cheap when you're good enough to move up in classes. You can make most anything from an Impreza, WRX, OBS, Legacy GT gen III fit with a little brains.