View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM

Re: Code 24-bypass air control solenoid valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
24 bypass air control solenoid valve, is under the throttle bodies. Auxiliary air control valve, is under the left rear of the inlet manifold.
With all those codes, and the car still runs OK, I think you may have a problem with an engine ground. Check the wire from the back of the engine to the bulkhead, and the one in front of the battery.

Harvey.
Well, should be about 11AM, Friday in eastern OZ... I had a ground wire (4 G) already to supplement the battery ground which showed 0 resistance as is but installed it anyway.

When I went looking for the firewall ground I discovered the single black connector for it to join a large gauge wire from the wiring bundle was disconnected...I had seen this when I got the car in May but thought it was a leftover from the Outback tranny swap. Didn't follow the aft portion to see it bolted to the firewall, my bad as they say!!

Haven't checked the codes or tried to clear them again ( my "clearing technique"{see above} meets with your approval ?) as I'm stemming the bleeding from my exploits.

As always, my thanks for your assistance and quick feedback,

Craig

Last edited by fasteract7; 06-12-2017 at 06:00 AM.