View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorG0d
I was pretty much thinking along the same lines (with the exception of which clutch it probably was). I am forced to drive the car as-is for the next week or 2, hope it lasts that long. I'm glad I can take surface streets all the way to where I need to go.

That being said, I have a friend of a friend who owns a tranny shop, he's been on vacation for awhile, but just got back yesterday. I'll get in touch with him; I'm told he's real good, just busy. I'll keep y'all informed.

Until then, would the transmission resistor mod keep things from running so hot? I acknowledge that all aswers fall into the "most likely" and "use at your own risk" category, and will act accordingly.Thanks for the help.
I had similar problems, thats why I'm going 5speed. My tranny slipped every once and awhile at very low speeds (under 15mph), but I found out the other day when I dropped the auto that the slipping was probably due to a dryrotted vaccuum line. I had a binding problem that developed into a rattling problem over time. The tranny would rattle when you let off the gas. See my post here. Did you try the FWD fuse? Does your problem still occur?