View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
After a little more thought I've ruled out the wheel bearings, as you stated it can occur with the car parked as well. That indicates that the cause of the pedal vibrating (and the shifter has a noticeable vibe if you have your hand resting on it) is something that is causing the vibration to transmit to the firewall. I've been suspecting that my engine mounts are sinking, maybe they're squashed to the point that they are allowing the engine to pull the torque strut (behind the throttle body) and load it against the firewall. Hmmm.... maybe I'll just remove the strut and see if anything changes...
I think I've just had one of those live & learn things. I didn't know the mounts could squash. Guess I've not changed one since my V-8 days, when they usually were good or the rubber had separated from the metal.

This sounds like maybe the most promising yet.

p.s. Could a tranny mount do the same thing? Mine doesn't make any clunk sounds like others have said happens when accelerating in reverse. Do you have any idea how hard it is to change the engine mounts, i.e., a little jacking and unbolt - or pull the engine kind of thing.