View Single Post
Old 05-01-2001, 06:58 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Another addition - My car's rotors look like trash. Very thin compared to a new set. Probably the original rotors. I put on pads at 100k when I bought it, and just put a new set on at 134k (they weren't needed quite yet but the rears were squeaking so I did both). My rotors do not thump at all - again, even after the trip down the mountain at the smokies meet. If I have to brake hard from 120-60 they become useless and thump like crazy until they cool down but they apparently do not suffer any long term damage from this (yet)

However-
The womans svx had new rotors put on at 80k, and they were turned again at 98k, They thumped like hell when we bought it at 100k. There were service records with complaints of thumping from the old owner. The pads were very thin when we bought it so I figured they were heating up which caused the thumping and put new OEM pads on (same exact ones I put on my car) and they still thump now after a few easy 55mph - 0 stops.

She also has had wheel bearing problems where my svx has had none.

Hmmm......
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.