Thread: Resonator
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 05:34 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: Resonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
The resonator is there for a reason. It is positioned at a nodal point in the exhaust stream. It affects the velocity at which the engine scavenges burnt gases, particularly at low revs.

If you replace it with a straight pipe your car will produce lower torque at low revs, and we all know the SVX prefers to change up gears quick and runs at low revs most of the time.

My advice is to replace it with a cheaper aftermarket resonator. The Subaru one is way too expensive, particularly as we know they all eventually rattle, so it is not exactly Rolls Royce build.

My 2c

Joe
I have the resonator delete and I can't really feel any lower torque than any other SVX I've ridden in.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi