View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Neely View Post
Trevor, If you have any hidden secret on how to save this transmission, please share it. then I took the pan off, It looked like a silver soup, the magnet was completely full, and looked like a crustacean that you would find on the bottom of the sea. It wont shift into any gear past 2end, The way that I look at this, is that if it cost anymore then 1500 to fix, I need to move on to another car, guys, I cant even afford to put a new windshield in the thing. How much should I ask for the car you think?

jon
Jon,

My intention has been to save you money. There is no hidden secret, but it is very much worthwhile to make sure there is not a relatively inexpensive fix. It would be well worthwhile to check the brake band in the hope that adjustment is available.

My car has shown grey soup like deposit when the pan gas been cleaned and I have been reliably advised that this as a normal sign of expected wear and tear.

I leave you to your own devices. A new owner could be a lucky guy.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!