View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Yes, I am aware that the Compass uses the same underpinnings as the Caliber, the same with the Patriot. But that is where the similarities end since the Compass's chassis is shorted but stiffened oposed to the Caliber and the Patriot has a stretched but even stiffer chassis as well as struts to give it that "Trail Rated," rating. How valid that rating these days is I do not know, I am only stating off of information I learned about as well as what seems obvious.

Also, I am sure the Cherokee SRT8 has great performance, but the main question here is will there be a performance vairant of the Compass since Dodge announced an Caliber SRT coming out, as well as rumors about it being AWD. Perhaps a Jeep Compass SRT will be sold in Europe where the Jeep nameplate fares a bit better than Dodge, which aside from the Viper is virtually non-existant.

It is obvious though that the Jeep Compass will have a NA AWD package. Another thing they can do is either offer a supercharged AWD Compass (sounds funny doesn't it) or going back to the European equasion again sell a twincharged diesel variant, since DCB is getting the diesel engines from VW.

However, they can always offer a trim of the Compass with Jeep's signature straight six, I know it would not only be unpractical but also might not fit in with the new tranny and chassis, but one can always dream.

To sum it up, what I am saying is with a Caliber SRT probably coming what room or chances does that leave Jeep to make the Compass a "WRX competer?"

As for the 2010 CAFE standard Chrysler/Dodge is starting to cover that since they helped and are now going to use the new engine which will be found in the Caliber and Compass.

And thanks for the reply to my question benebob.

Last edited by Weebitob; 11-01-2005 at 01:12 PM.