View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 12:04 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
Knock sensors will trigger a CE light. On the select monitor, a bad knock sensor 1 will throw a 22 code and the knock sensor 2 code will be a 28.

The SVX Master Tech at my dealership said there was a TSB issued in late 1995 for the 1992-1995 SVX for inoperative knock sensor issues. It can be found here: http://members.tripod.com/quick_svx/.../42748280.html

My CE problem turned out to be a disconnected vacuum hose at the pressure sensor (solenoid valve), located at the far left corner of the engine bay on the side of the left strut tower. It is a small black plastic piece with the PN 14774AA500 in white across the top. There is a small vacuum line which comes out of the rear, right by the horizontal, aluminum piping on the firewall.
We zip-tied in in place to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

He ran the codes and immediately knew what the problem was. Fixed in in less than 5 minutes. This is the second time in a row he come through with flying colors!!

Was this on your 96?? I'm confused, cause OBDII cars don't throw those codes, nor came in 95 or older cars... I'll look anyway... can't hurt.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker