View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 12:36 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by suby_qa
The 2 door cabroilet Impreza is supposed to come to the US within the next couple of years, so I don't think it is that old.

The wagon with the H-6 is, I think the next generation Legacy.

I still stand by what I hear coming from connections in SOA, the next SVX will be the 2-door Impreza.
I can see sense in the next generation Legacy bit, but I disagreed before on the idea of badging a 2 door Impreza as an SVX, this will not happen.
There is a major difference in concept in a car that was designed from the drawing board stage as a GT Coupe, and a souped up 2 door rally car. This is not to run down WRX cars, they are magic motors, but they're no GTs.
Another possibility is unless there is a major change in the market, Subaru will be reluctant to do another SVX. Think about it. They were slow sellers, except in the first couple of years. They only retain a fraction of their cost, not to mention their real worth, second-hand, and they are complex to the point of being daunting to own or service.
If another SVX comes along, it will be from a design exercise and/or a studio like Giugiaro, it will have the 3 litre H6, possibly with forced induction, and will be a much easier servicing proposition for owners. This is my guess, but I don't have a crystal ball. Fuji will respond to marketing feeback and potential demand from the States, the biggest market, but there are world wide considerations to be factored in also.