Thread: Fuel Pump Died
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: Fuel Pump Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sov13t View Post
Warmed up the car this morning, with remote start, while I was getting ready for work... which is 15 minutes of run time. Timer ran out, and the car shut down. Get into the car maybe 10 minutes later and try to start it... nothing. Engine turns over fine, sounds perfectly normal in terms of any mechanical issues.

Started going through troubleshooting... codes are fine, checked all the connections to vital sensors and switches... all are fine. Switched over to Hydra to see if it would at least start... nothing. At this point started to suspect the fuel pump Pressure in the fuel line post fuel filter is not there, I can squeeze the line with my hand... Pressure pre-fuel filter is also the same... non-existent... So... I guess the SVX throws yet another curve ball at me.

Fuel tank is at 95% capacity... and as far as I know replacing the fuel pump requires an empty tank, any suggestions on how to drain the tank and perform this fix out of a parking lot?

Cheers,

-Sov13t.
Kirill,

The fuel pump is easily accessed through the silver plate (4 philips head screws) in your floor behind your rear seat, under the trunk carpet. You do not need an empty tank.