View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 PM

Allright Guys,
first of all I would like to publicly thank Tom (tomsvx) for being such a great fellow SVXer. Thank you Tom, I got the water pump, seal and the CDs (<-- unexpected) yesterday. That really helped.

I also wanted to thank Mike (longassname) for lending me the tool to remove the crank gear and to always be there to give me advice when I need it.

Now, onto the bad news. Today I finally managed to take the car apart and take a look at the situation. It isn't pretty. It turns out that what caused the whole mess was the water pump which seized and brought everything to hell with her. The two flush pulleys on the left of the crank gear are seized, and so is the tensioner pulley. I am easily looking at another $200 + shipping and this is really killing me. I wish I could have taken pics but I had forgotten to bring my digital camera with me before going to my friend's shop to work on it. All I can say is that I found the two flush pulleys torn in pieces and all the little bearings were over the place.

Here's a pic I 'borrowed' from that tutorial site that Tom suggested me, where you can see what seized:

Besides buying the three pulleys that seized, what else do you guys recommend me? I am gonna call SubaruParts on tuesday because they are closed on mondays...

Regards,

Walter
1999 Ducati 748S (built 996 engine)