View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by iiigoiii View Post
hi all - just a note about the ECU communication - i have the same issue that nomake has reported where i read the ROM ID no problem, and the parameters start reading fine. however, it loses sync with the ECU and reads garbage (0's, -128's) for a few parameters, then regains sync, on and off.

here's what i hope is of use to you guys - yesterday i tried running a port monitor from sysinternals.com while running the vwrx software, and to my surprise whatever extra load (or buffering) on the port makes it stays sync'ed 80% of the time.

i have not tried building b3lha's "'92 problem" comparator yet. do you all think that is necessary even though the port monitor software seems to effect the problem?
The port monitor software is not a proper fix for the problem. All it does is adjust the output to what it "thinks" should be right and proper. As you yourself noticed, it's only 80% accurate. That's quite high, sure; I'm actually surprised. But the permanent and correct fix is to install the comparator. Do that and you will be 100% accurate 100% of the time without altering the output in software.