View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 05:34 PM

Re: Replacing locks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycone View Post
the keyless entry hasnt worked for a couple years, tried replacing the battery on the FOB but nope. I miss being able to beep open.

Old locksmith guy did what AAA couldnt and got the chunk of key out of the drivers side. I put in some wd40, now I can lock and unlock car, but still feels far from smooth n happy.

I still think new locks might be a good idea at some point.
If you take the door card off you can get to the back of the handle and the lock barrel. There is lever attached to the end of the barrel held on wih an E clip. Prize that off carefully (it will want to ping off and get lost in your door or on the drive) and pull the disc back off its locating pegs.
You will now see the barrel, held in place with a spring clip around the circumferance. Pop a flat screwdriver in the top of the clip and twist it to prise the the top middle up a little. The barrel can now be pushed from the outside inwards and out of its surround. Just pay attention to its orientation.

If you know how to get the door card of its a 10 min job.

With the barrel out you can give it a good degrease and clean out before lubricating it with a dry lubricant.

Sorry I have just this weekend fitted my passenger barrel but i didn't take any pics.