View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:13 AM

Stalls intermittently at stops when warm...

Have Searched for the many postings on this subject but wondered if someone had a "what is the most common cause" or what to check first" list. My 92 90K mile well maintained LS-L recently wil stall intermittently at stops or when slowing abruptly to stop. Starts just fine when cold and problem seems to occur only with warm engine. Car will restart but needing more starter turns and then idle with a hiccup...given gas she runs just fine. Again intermittent...did it 2-3 times stopping at store and restarting but drove home fine and pulled into car, idled as smooth as ever.

Is my MAF starting to fail?..my first SVX had a MAF problem where it just wouldn't start period one day. No CEL lights are being thrown or stored, BTW. Disconnected MAF and car started but with idle regularly going up/down 100 rpms. All the hoses I can see with shroud off are intact.

So, in summary, stalls coming to stop intermittently with intermittent mildly rough idle at times only with warm engine, No CEL, pulls strong otherwise. Starts on first kick when cold and idles at the usual cold start range. No recent messing with parts/repairs.

I'm thinking MAF but open to those opinions of others before spending the $175 for a rebuilt Cardone piece.

Much Appreciated