View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 11:55 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren
Trevor,
This latest post of yours explains how a person can be educated and still void of logic. I originally took the stand that if the alternator on a car doesn't work, just replace it. For the super educated like you, and seriously I am impressed, I appreciate your desire to continue with all the cow pats you accumulated as a child. Since I am not personally void of logic, when I checked my alternator with a multimeter and found it was erratic, sometimes charging, and sometimes not charging, and since i need my car to start and run every day, silly me, I just replaced the alternator. Maybe everyone else on the network will be impressed with your credentials, as I also am, but I would probably be more impressed with you if you had enough common sense to just change your alternator if it doesn't work. Gee, I always get back to logic. When I was a kid, I missed all the cow patties, but I did catch the one about having enough sense to come in out of the rain.
Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date!
Keith
Keith,

I do not take kindly to your sarcasm and sadly you show little common sense, much less courtesy. I am tempted to advise exactly how and where you should KISS.

You say, "I originally took the stand that if the alternator on a car doesn't work, just replace it." I agree, but you must ascertain that the alternator is in fact faulty. Your current argument centres on the method of doing so and what you continually suggest, will not find the fault covered here.

Why do you not simply read and understand all of what is involved i.e. a particular and obscure fault? The fact is that the defect being referred to does not always show up as an alternator problem in the normal sense. On the face of it, the alternator works, and as has been reported here can be confirmed OK after the usual test procedures undertaken by professionals. Under these circumstances, you, having common sense and being logical, would not replace it. Logic would have you exploring elsewhere, in a futile effort to put right flashing trouble lights.

This IS the problem and where common sense and logic is required relative to detecting same. I am confident others understand exactly what is involved. I leave silly you with your antagonism.

Trevor. *<(

Edit P.S N.B. Third & fourth posts in this thread:-

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ght=alternator

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 07-30-2007 at 03:22 AM.