View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
What should I do?

Hi all, haven't posted on here in a while. After the accident I had a year ago (rear-ended) I kinda lost interest in my SVX. Well, I got hit again, this time on the side by an uninsured drunk driver. She doesn't have insurance and I don't have uninsured motorist insurance, so I probably won't be getting any money. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with my car. I really have 2 options, sell it or repair it and keep driving it. And I don't have time or a place to store it to part it out.

Door doesn't open, window won't roll up, and the fender is scraping the wheel so I can't drive it.

I got one estimate, around $3400 to fix it. But it could go up. He said there is no frame damage which is good.

The local Subaru dealer is offering me $1000 cash for it or $1350 if I buy a car there. They have an '03 Impreza 2.5TS wagon with 100k for $8990 that I could get for $7600. It's a decent offer, and the car's in good condition, but I personally just don't like it.

I could always take the $1000 and wait for something more comparable to the SVX to come along. Although nothing will be quite the same.
What do you all think I should do?

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker