View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Cool Shift lock unit + gear change for "POWER" switch

ok - so since I brought up the "POWER" mode switch thread - is seems to be gathering momentum.

Here is another question - I have managed to get hold of 2 shift lock units

(JDM = 88083PA000 & USA = 88083PA010)

Initially I thought that they may hold the key to the mysterious variations between models in the "POWER" switch area - but blow me down with a feather when I checked my NZ new model (1995) I found that my car does not even have one of these modules??? By the way it is the same PCB but different types of components builds.

Both these units were located near the hand-brake area under the center console?

It seems funny that NZ does not have this black box - or maybe it is located somewhere else?.

By the way in the JDM that has both "POWER" mode switch & gear interlock tswitch - the blanking plates to locates these switches in my NZ model are part of the main surround - THEY ARE NOT A PUSH OUT BLANKING PIECES.

So if the mod to fit "POWER" switch is required them it may mean drilling out plate or finding a JDM plate.

Also in 2 other non-JDM units the screw boss mounting for both switches were there - so just remember to also get the screws!!.