View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duckie
If you want an svx for a sports car which there is NOTHING wrong with, then you need to realize a few things. Firstly, this is not a pure bred sports car, its not a s2000, it is not a miata, it is not a porsche, it is heavy. You do have to put a lot of money to maintaining the SVX and modding it will only make it worse no matter how reliable the mod is. The SVX won't be fast in 1/4 EVER...for the money I have spent on my SVX I could have built a 10 second car, or a very nice track car. Putting that aside though, what is wrong with adding horse power to a GT vehicle? There is no rule they can't have a good chunk of horse. Look at bently, BMW, etc.

The SVX can be looked at a few ways. First you can look at it as a vehicle that your going to dump money into making perfect to have as great stock driver (which will depreciate and depreciate thus making it a bad investment. But according to a good chunk of people on here, at least the car would be serving its original purpose). The next view would be the tunmers view on the car. You will spend oodles of money putting money into a nice car that will be outrun by significantly cheaper cars (just like I can show you a dozen videos of 5000 dollar miatas with 1000 dollars in mods runninc circles around brand new 80000 porsches on a track) and it WILL be a money sink. The final view is that the car is a wonderful investment. If you were to track down a low mileage one and keep it in perfect mechanical and cosmetic order it would be worth a hefty sum in a few years down the road. The SVX is predicted to appreciate in Value greatly because of its rarity, unique design, and frankly because it was just a great car. Technically in, my eyes, that is the only thing any of us should be doing...but that doesn't stop me from doing the wrong thing and making the SVX into the machine that I want it to be...why should it, after all it is MY car and anything I do is for my own taste.

Last edited by Duckie; 04-07-2006 at 04:13 PM.