View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 07:38 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Winchester and changing Sheetz...

The best pun of the whole situation was...of course...Ron's...

"I gotta change my Sheetz!"

It was great to see everyone...misty rain or no rain. The (Skyline) drive up was full of amazing views and dodging a bear and various bucks and does. The trip back on I-81 was rainy until Harrisonburg, then dry to Abingdon, then the skies really opened up!

I know have a MUCH better understanding of what my Focus is capable of (with a very good driver and some very sticky tires) thanks to a VERY quick ride with Tom, and as if I had any water STILL left in me, I hung on for dear life as Harry put the SVX in places that I didn't even know a go cart would fit. Thanks heaps guys....what a hoot! It was a tricky course and Ron decided on his last run to take a GPS unit (Harry) with him to find all the cones. After his earlier experience at Sheetz, I'm amazed at how cool he was. I have renamed he and Mike "The Flying Sheetz Brothers" for their excellent wallet recovery work....what a tag team! My old buddy Barry was VERY impressed and kept muttering something all the way back to Tennessee about (1) Are autocross lunch breaks ALWAYS this exciting? and (2) how he is now saving up for an AMG Mercedes...

Thanks again Harry and Ruth for your hospitality. You have a MAGNIFICENT new home! John, thanks for the ride back and forth to the gas/food/COPS experience at Sheetz....your SVX is a real beauty!

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 07-26-2004 at 07:49 PM.