View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Brock94SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
As far as I know, SOA is aware of the nuts like us. But compare to the rest of the bigger nutcases (chasing WRXes), they can ignore their nightmare.

From the FHI/SOA point of view, SVX failed big. A big mistake. On the other hand, they struck gold with WRX. So make the car that people want and make money on them.

Another thing is if you look at the market, not many people are asking for 2 door touring coupes. So the need to bring back a SVX is not there. Even if they do bring in a 2(4) door coupe, it will be the new design like B11S.

Anyways, I don't want them bringing back the SVX. I think it will cheapen them. Just my 2 cents.

L
cheapen them .. if it is a success and they do a limited production like the mustang cobra, dodge RT cars, and chevy "SS". it just might shed new light on the "older" versions of the SVX and make them grow in a value a lil (do i need to list the recent cars that have held value..like the 99/00 civic si that you could have bought new for $16,500ish and could have sold it later with 40-50k miles and still got in excess of /$13,000 three years later...or now one with 100k still goes for around $9-$11k. but people need to KNOW about the SVX..people need to HEAR what it can do..(publishings in like road and track, some street rod mags..it just needs the proper "ad campain" drirected at the right core of purchasers..the one failing of the 92-97 SVX was a 30k car....what younger (i mean mid 20's) could REALLY afford that car...the demographics of the car was more toward the singe male 30's proffesional that enjoyed a cross between a lexus ride and a sports car look) so i think the MAIN reasons for its failing was the market research wasn't done or listened too...they took a chance and it backfired....i hope they won't let one mistake on mis-timming be the end of the SVX design..as i sit here and i think more about it and two plus door version on the WRX with a turbo 4 (2.5) might be the best approch...if they even considerd another "sports coupe again" is should be cheap..and loaded with features..... now that AWD in teh autocrossing world is really begining to grap on with the RICE rockets of the day..i think there would be a great success..like we've all said the SVX was mis-timed....but here it is 2004....humm.....could the timming be now...is the public just waiting for the one car that really "wows" them or..are there already...to many choices -lol-
B-roc
(just another dreamer)

Last edited by Brock94SVX; 02-16-2004 at 12:14 PM.