View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: SVX just not impressing people anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM977 View Post
I appreciate the feedback. However, being a single guy I want something that impresses the women even if it's just a little bit. I do enjoy my SVX but when driving it compared to something like my Company's Trail Blazer, the power leaves much to be desired.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a car in the 3-7k range? I rally like V8 Grand Cherokees (99 or newer - not the first model that came out), Audis (2000 or newer model), Jag XJ8s (2000 or newer). However, I don't want a maintenance bucket. I'm thinking if I sell my SVX and Outback Legacy, I can use the proceeds from that as well as some cash I have built up to by a fairly nice, newer vehicle.
Honestly, I've never met a girl who was impressed with any car that a guy had (unless there was a big old bow on it with a card attached to it). In reality, most people aren't impressed with anything that isn't the newest latest, greatest thing that the media tells them they should like. If that is what you are trying to base your relationships on I feel for ya but will tell you that my SVX was so much more of a maint. bucket then either of my Jags or even my TVR is and none of those cars would be something I would classify as a chick magnet either. Just nice, fun ecconomical cars to drive and own