View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Resident Filmmaker

I'll bite:

Here's a matchbox holder I designed in AutoCAD and cut with a laser back in High School, about 5 years before I bought BlueBaru
You can ignore my obviously mis-informed underside view of the car as far as plumbing goes! I was just having fun drawing the whole thing freehand in CAD, I just drew the lines myself while looking at photos I had taken of a '93 AE at a car dealership that I'd been scoping out for awhile. I didn't have the money for it at the time but I dreamt about someday owning one...I never knew it'd happen so quickly! I even actually have the same license plates The hood opens so you can slide the matchbox in, it hangs on the wall, as you can see based on the nail holes I put in the underside. I just felt like going all out for a silly little novelty project my engineering class had. The spoiler acts as a handle to a removable drawer at the base where the matches are held The tape on the spoiler was unfortunately necessary at the moment because the glue we were offered in class pretty much sucked for tiny little pegs like the ones I designed. Everybody else's matchbox holder was literally a simple box though, those kids were so lazy. The only other kid who took advantage of the opportunity ended up making a design that was shaped like a Zippo Lighter.

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."

Last edited by Gr8Dane; 06-02-2008 at 05:08 AM.