View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 08:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Since wrecks seem to be the topic...

We lost another SVX a few weeks ago. Not mine, thank God, but that of one of the guys I lift with. He totalled his Teal 92 while driving home from a bar. Took an "S" curve near his home at triple digits and did not make it. The car slid off the road and hit a small berm leading into a field and rolled it 3 times before it came to a stop. Luckily he escaped with nothing more than a bad cut on his ankle. The cops charged him with leaving the scene of an accident and driving while intoxicated. I'm all for the DUI but the leaving the scene charges are insane. What was he to do? Stay there all friggin' night bleeding in a field in the boonies instead of going for help? There was no one else involved, thank God! If there had been then maybe I could see the charges but since it was just him involved I surely believe he had the right to seek help and walk to find some.

Being the total jackass he is (second DUI for him) I surely hope he learns his lesson. There was pretty much nothing left of his car. She gave her life to let him walk away and I suppose that is what really sets a well made car apart from the others. Nice to know that they can take a beating and keep the drivers relatively safe. I did not see it but if I get my hands on any pics I will post them. I understand she went to the crusher already.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.