View Single Post
Old 04-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
It sure seems that no matter what the rest of the world says, there are tens of thousands of Iraqi citizens rejoicing at the fact that the coalition is there.

There will always be disagreement over how to handle things and what priorities should be. The fact is that in the last 12 years the UN inspectors had accomplished next to nothing because of the political games and hide and seek that the Saddam Regime was playing. Iraq knew that the UN wouldn't authorize an invasion and were playing UN countries against each other.

We did what needed to be done. Less civilians have been killed in operation Iraqi Freedom than Saddam's Regime had tortured and killed in 2002. What on earth should we have waited for? Until thousands more civilians were dead? Until France tied up their business transactions with Saddam? Until Germany received the money Iraq owed them?

Other countries will hate us. Who cares? I don't. Many people in my neighborhood hate me, but I don't care. I do what I know is right and if it doesn't fit with what a few want, tough. That's the beauty of Democracy.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker