Thread: Jae 2005
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 04:25 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thanks Everybody!

We had a great weekend, notwithstanding the Sunday downpour.

It was really good to meet all the old friends, and all the new friends as well. I really was not expecting the number of cars we had together. Considering we had close to 5% of the total number of cars sold in the UK, not bad at all. And that was without either of my cars!!

Magic!!

I met so many new people, I know I will leave somebody out. Just sticking with the SVX owners, it was great to meet new-to-me Brett, John, Mal, Peter, Ron, Ricky and Kristy from California, Norman, Michael and Ken.

In terms of new colours, I saw for the first time the all red car of Ken's, Mal's lovely yellow car, Phil & Belha's new Peacock Blue and John's to-die-for immaculate graphite and black[James, you should have been there!!].

The other colours we had were blacks and clarets and Arthur's Polo Green [with the nice new wheels] I almost forgot Michael's Claret with the black bonnet, very inventive

I nearly forgot my own flat pack svx [thanks, Phil ] and Ron's white car. I will have to donate my name for Plum to him, his is the Genuine Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.

It's very likely if we added up the total mileage travelled by all the people there, we have a new record set. Beyond any shadow of a doubt, Ron and family have set the benchmark for miles travelled to be at an SVX meeting. I can't see that one beaten for a while. Total mileage, Ron, any idea??

I'll be having my very few photos developed and scanned later this week, and I will post them up when I get them back. Meanwhile thanks to Phil and Phil for posting theirs, very nice, fellas.

We had a heart-stopping blip with the Legacy on the way home, threatened to stop and threw a Check Engine light while passing the narrow motorway section through Swansea. Did not get time to check it out yet, but I strongly suspect an O2 sensor. Considering where it nearly stranded us, I've renamed it the O F**k sensor.

Thanks again to everyone who made it such a lovely trip. Looking forward to the next one already. Wales next time, is it Brett??

Joe

Where was Petr? We never saw him?
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 07-26-2005 at 04:28 AM.