View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM

C-solenoid again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
The "C" solenoid valve in 4AUT transmissions is normally closed. The valve is shut when the solenoid is not energised and opens to a drain when energised. All A,B and C solenoid valves are mechanically and electrically the same. Level Ten are experts as are the others I have interviewed. I have a C valve in my hand at this moment and it is clearly normally closed.

However this discussion has in the main been with reference to US and other cars which have a centre clutch rather than a LSD centre differntial. Does your car have a centre differential? Also please check again, as your valve may be jammed or the seat damaged and therefore it is not closing properly.

Thank you for additional confirmation regarding the PWM signal, having checked it with an oscilloscope as I have done several years ago.

I checked it again. The solenoid C is normaly open. I can blow air thru when it is not energized but close when energized. The steel-ball in the front is free from the seat when it is not energized. When energized the "piston" push
foward the ball to the seat.
My SVX has center differential.

There is one thing I wonder about. For those cars with center diff.
Is the center clutch activated when the car is driven at a nornal speed on a plain road? If not the solenoid drains the pilot pressure in a such case (according to the schematic drawing)
It is of cause quite different for cars without center differential.