View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Y'all (with the exception of Trevor) have missed the point entirely! Jumpin' Jaheesus! Y'all waste more dang time and ink pursuing bs alternatives.

There isn't one, single, magic bullet to kill the problem(s) because there isn't one, single problem. My problem is/was different than some others so my temporary work-around won't solve all issues. HOWEVER, my instructions to perform voltage drop tests are spot on and the absolute correct way to diagnose an electrical fault. PERIOD. Unless the fault is intermittent a voltage drop test is DEAD ACCURATE and extremely simple.

This "until someone figures out what the real problem is" mentality is exactly what parts stores prey on. Yeah, they'll hook up a scanner for free and tell you, say... "Code P0401, insufficient EGR flow" then sell you an egr valve for $85.00. After you replace it and the light comes back on they tell you "Oh, well" (it's not our money. You got what you paid for.) The problem could be anything, including a plugged egr tube that doesn't require any parts to correct.

If the person I referred to wishes to verify my diagnostic claim I'll leave to him to do so. He'd had a intermittent no-start problem like a lot of us. He'd hit the key 3-40 times before he could start it. Less than two minutes with a voltmeter and I found his voltage drop within an inch of the battery terminal. Maybe two minutes later it was fixed.