View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Re: new registers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
If some one is having troubles, have them pm or email me. I can help them. I need to have the forum name that they use and then can fix it.

Thanks They just need to let us know. We have to verify every one of the new registrations because of the bots out there that are always trying to get in. A couple get in anyway, but it has been fairly good. Unfortunatly, it is a little harder for members to get in. Just let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
What good is this if they can't join in the first place... No other forum needs you to message or email a member of that forum in order to join...
And I've seen more bots in the last 2 years or so than the previous 2 when I first joined and members were regularly approved...
The system needs to be fixed, you can't expect them to go through extra effort to join, it's just not going to happen.
I have had to PM admins at least twice in the past year to help people get registered. And Earl, I hope you realize that can't be the long term answer to the problem. What if they don't know any current members that can help them out? I just went to the registration page, no where does it tell people to email you if they have problems. Are they given your contact information somewhere else?

A couple thoughts that may make things easier;
- Add a question required to be answered on the registration page "who makes the SVX?", "What year was the SVX made?" It's not perfect but will help.

- I'm not sure if this is possible, but can they be given immediate posting and PM access. But limit them to no new threads and only 2 or 3 posts per day until they get approval.

- I've had to wait over 24 hours after sending a PM to multiple admins. Can we get more people with the ability to authorize new registrations? Or at least get a list letting us know who all can authorize new members.

I would prefer having to report more posts as spam than to alienate new members. At least the spam is usually taken care of in less than 24 hours.