View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM
My Other car is a GENIUS Car!
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
The Power Mode Mod, finally.

Finally did it, after owning my SVX for 3 years and it's awesome. I was always worried with other issues regarding the car to ever really mess with any performance mods of any sort, until now.

I was motivated last night and looking at how really easy it was, tracked own the items in my house to ground it.

Having an exhaust leak right around the cat. the check engine light would always come on after about 5 minutes of driving anywhere near of 40mph. With the power mode on the entire time, the check engine never came on the 40 minutes I drove it today. At all. The CEL is for the O2 sensors, IIRC.

That, and my windows work again. Haha... so now I'm wondering if the short in the window wire under the seat has any relation at all to the CEL code thrown for the o2 sensor (most likely not, right?) or if the power mode just disregards the o2 sensors to some extent? It really does make me wonder why USDM did not get the sport mode button... unless it is somehow related to passing emissions, I'm unsure how the JDM does it, emissions that is.