View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Electrical Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
Yeah trust me I know your pain. The last time my car was raped, they tried prying out my head unit, couldnt, so they stabbed it with a screwdriver. Then they tried prying my subwoofer from my box, couldnt, so they stabbed the crap out of the cone with their screwdriver. They took misc crap out of my console and glovebox before finally giving up.... oh and their way in was to punch out my rear slider from the middle and pry it open, with a screwdriver.

Now I just keep everything out of sight, I dont want the screw-drive crew doing any of that to my SVX, or im going Predator on any poor soul casing cars here at night.
Yeah, I hear of horror stories like that. It's kinda funny, because I used to have a 95 cutlass supreme, had a 15" kicker L7 in a big ported box, and because the box was so big, actually removed the rear seat and had the 3 amps I had laid across where the back seat was. Had it like this for 2 years. Never had any break in attempts or anything. Had it parked where my laguna was parked on many occasions. (our neighborhood is very safe and quiet normally) And even had the car parked in Milwaukee at times with it like that. Still never had anything happen. Everytime I think back, I wonder how I got so lucky.

All I can think is that someone must have seen me putting the battery in, and was just waiting for the opportunity to grab it. I had it parked across the street the night it got stolen. They didn't even bother grabbing the tool set I had sitting in the passenger seat or anything that was in the center console. Needless to say, from now on my SVXi are always going to be parked in the driveway no matter what. I'm not taking any chances with these.