View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Electrical Issue

Alright, to start off, about a week ago someone broke into my car and stole the battery and messed up the main power and ground wires. I just got around to fixing the wires and now have a problem.

Basically, everything that should work without the key on works just fine-interior lights, hazards, power locks etc. Also, when the key is put in the ignition, it makes the normal annoying beeping. But, when I turn the key forward, there is nothing, no clock, no radio, no pwr windows, no headlights, turn signals, etc. I have double and triple visually checked the wiring and it all appears in tact. The fusible link and all fuses appear to be good. Basically, I'm not the greatest when it comes to wiring. If someone can point me in the right direction of whatever could cause this to happen. I would imagine it would be a rather short list since everything that works with the key off does, and everything that should work with the key turned forward, doesn't.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I do have the battery on a charger because I'm not 100% sure on how much charge it has, but it was just used a few weeks ago to start and move around a car. Also, even with a low battery, the clock should at least come on if the interior lights work. Also, turning it forward, the interior lights don't shut off.

Edit: helps to add that this is my 94 laguna L model that i'm dealing with so no security involvement either, even though that wouldn't do what this is doing.
And I'm trying to look through the wiring diagrams but i'm not the type of person who is able to translate something on paper to what's actually under the hood.

Last edited by 1986nate; 08-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.