Thread: Overheating
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownbot View Post
Well I have pretty much had it with my car. Overheating issues just continue to get worse. At this point I fill up the rad and drive it a couple of miles and it overheats. It just boils out of the overflow tank. I just need to diagnose what the problem is. I believe it to be the head gasket but if its burning so much coolant I don't even see how it could run. It does have white smoke on start up but it has always had that. I had my local mechanic change the thermostat and he says there is no sign of oil in the coolant, and coolant in the oil. I can't even make it to Budfreaks (Jason) to have him look at it. If it needs a head gasket I most likely will not fix it. I'm prepared to sell it for anything I can get and move on to a more reliable car. I would hate to do that but I'm just sick and tired of this damn car.

What do you guys think?

Thanks
Oil and coolant do not mix on our cars. You car does need head gaskets done. If you fix the head gaskets you don't really have anything to worry about after that. Any car you buy is going to have maintenance. You are probably better of just fixing it . No one is going to give you much for it with a blown head gasket. Just get it fixed and you will be happy, might cost a bit but then you are good to go for a long time.

EDIT: OT is like 2hrs from you just giving you options.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 03-04-2010 at 08:16 AM.