View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

Re: I have a weird issue....lets see what you guys think I should do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansmagic View Post
I could even help out and meet them possibly as far down as Chicago at the end of July.... I think the power windows switch is broken on the one door
I don't really care about a broken switch...all of the mechanical / electrical bits on my existing doors work great, but the shells are too far gone from rust to save. I'd just swap over any switches / other things as necessary, strip my old doors of anything of potential use, save those parts, and trash the rest. The rest of the car is OK, with only a couple small spots that need repair. There's no rust on those doors, right? Specifically at the middle seam? That's where they all seem to rust out, right at the seam where the lower cladding piece is held to the door in the center.

If you don't mind, could you PM me what you'd like for the doors, should I find some way to make this work out? I'm going to be traveling the last week of July, but may be available the weekend after. I'm almost thinking about road tripping it myself and swapping the doors on the spot. Especially if it's in Chicago...still far, but better than central WI.

BTW, save the grille from the '97. '97 was the only year the SVX came with that grille, and they didn't make many of them to begin with - putting it high on the sought after / rare SVX parts list. Ditto for the entire woodgrain interior set - lots of folks want to update their dark '92 - '93 woodgrain to the lighter 94+ pattern.

What kind of shape are the floor mats in in the '97? Are they factory?