View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 AM

Re: octane in my svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGSR View Post
actually i couldn't disagree more.

while i don't appreciate what it does when mixed with for pump gas, E85 at a pump has huge benefits for making little engine's make gobs of power.

in my town, all the guys with the fastest turbo imports are all corn fed. race fuel octane levels and prices cheaper than gas is pretty sweet, only down side for most of those cars is they are not so good for road tripping across the country any more and obviously they get pretty lousy mpg, but for what they use em for there really isn't a better fuel around.

honestly, if a manufacture built an engine to run purely on ethanol (not this BS idea of flex fuel) those would probably some of the most impressive motors on the market, stuff like 1.3 liter I4s, turbo, direct injection... could still = 200+hp and over 30+ mpg

sorry, i just don't believe e85 is the worst thing ever when use appropriately.
What compression ratio are they running..How much boost is the turbo running..what valve timing are their hot cams doing? Like comparing apples to donuts, hotrod turbos to standard spec passenger cars. straight gasoline(no crappy ethenal) is a good bet for lots of BTUs' from most engines.