View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX
Lee,
Great meeting you yesterday. Just wish you had had your SVX And yep, we have a great deal of fun at these autocrosses with the Mercedes Club. There is a super bunch of guys and gals that run, and I bet you were amazed (as I have been) re how well the Mercedes run - especially the old ones as big as a BOAT! And of course, there's the E55 - this is a sedan with 469 HP - wicked fast! But glad you could come out and join us. Sorry I was unable to spend more time with you. Like Rufus, I was kind of busy doing tech inspections and instructing some of the new guys.

BTW, Mike (in his 911) beat me in raw time- his 37.69 sec to my 37.89 sec. Of course, he runs in "B" Stock and the SVX runs in "G" stock. But Mike did a superb job running the car for the first time. He has only had it since Dec 03. A sweet machine, that 1974 911! Beautiful shape too. And Ron, for his first autocross ever, also did really well - Ron, I think you did finally beat that Mercedes desiel, didn't you?
And Bill, in his black SVX! He had me beat until the afternoon. Boy has he improved! Nip and tuck (sorry for the pun) now!

CHIKETKD,
Check out the Mercedes web site at >www.gws-mbca.org< and click on "autocross" in the top left menue to check out the results for the last few seasons. The SVX holds its own against the competition. Keep in mind that the club used the SCCA index'ing system in comparing the cars' times.
You's have to come out and join us. Be sure to get there early, because all of the slots for the season are now taken, and for the no shows, that opens slots up on a first come, first served basis.
Later,
Harry
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx