View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX

*********AP NEWSFALSH********** From Maine Field Office........ Homeless man wakes up with a headache and is mysteriously mising a kidney.....in other news Darksied recently gets 4th SVX!!!!!!!!
Come on now, do you really think I would do anything like that? Of course not. First I'd pimp out my SVX, then restore my XT6, then buy a new STi and have it retrofitted with an MY01 body, and then build my Super Brat with a 4-5" lift and an EG33. But 4 SVX's? What do you think, I'm greedy or something?

Actually, this thread got me thinking about the surgery again, especially the nightmare that ensured. I was going to be laid up in bed for about a month, and on the second day, I decided to read the paper for the first time in about 2yrs. On the inside of the front page is a an article about how all the cartilege samples from CryoLife, the company that provided my sample, were recalled the day before (1 day after my surgery!). The reason? A guy my age died in MO after the same exact surgery, because his cartilege sample was infected. I've never been more scared in my life, and I was a firefighter for 4yrs! I had both my doctor and lawyer on the phone within minutes, my wife was getting my will ready and forcing the girls to spend time with me, and my mom was just a complete disaster. Obviously, I turned out okay though. In fact, considering I no longer have sharp pain in my knee every time I put weight on it, I consider it a complete success.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)