Thread: Questions!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Javelinman

YEA I'm enthusiastic person when it comes to cars..
God I hope that my transmission isn't going out!!!! That would suck more then anything!! I JUST GOT THE CAR!
Truly I don't think its going out it shifts fine in all the other gears and it go into reverse perfect. I was reading some place that if the trans is starting to go it will shift hard into reverse??? Anyway I'm going to get the trans flushed as soon as I find someone around here to do it for me and I going to add synthetic trans oil and hope that will prolong a trans rebuild.
I talked with a friend who got a new SVX in 93. His car made it 145 thousand miles without having the trans go out on him! Hell my car only has 35 thousand on the trans! ( I trying to give myself moral support)
I really hope this is going to be a good car for me I have never owned a Japanese car and I have been telling myself that I would never ever own one ( I have always been a die hard American car guy) But I fell in love with the SVX and had to have one. Now its my daily driver and today was my first day driving it to work!! ( I had FUN). And boy do I get funny looks driving this car....