View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM

Re: Lurching cruise control, dancing speedo and gas pressure solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyride View Post
Hi guys,

I'm new to the SVX world and have a couple of questions. I think it's vacuum issues, but I could use some help.

Q1: When I try to engage my cruise control, it lurches like it's not getting fuels and then ultimately cuts out? I checked, everything looks up.

Q2: I also have a dancing speedo. When I get above 50 or so, it dances sometimes, any clue?

Q3: It was hot the other day and when I was done driving, I could hear a high pitch noise. It sounded like a fuel pump or something. I could even hear it while driving. I had about a quarter of a tank of gas. When I opened the gas cap, it stopped. Some kind of pump solenoid? So I filled the tank, and now it's gone. That's a new one on me.

Q4: Only my passenger side windshield cleaner works. Lines seem clear and the driver head is clean. It's a weak stream sometimes on the pass side.

And I'll post pics of my car soon. Looks great with the few mods I have done. It has the Planet SVX lowering springs and 18" Mazda RX8 wheels. Pearl White 1992.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

john
Q1 & Q2; the trans speed sensor going can cause both of these if you checked all the CC lines (there is one under the coolant reservoir, hard to get to w/o removing.

Q4; does fluid come out of the pass side line when disconnected from the nozzle?

A few hints hopefully..

Good luck