Thread: RE new subie B9
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
the main reason i hate Escalades, Hummers, and the new 8-foot tall Ford pickups is that when they are in front of you, you can't see a frickin' thing ahead of you on the road. since people have pretty much quit using turn signals altogether, you have no idea what the car in front of the <insert behemoth SUV/pickup here> is doing.
Same here. Some SUVs block a trailing driver's forward vision as badly as a tractor-trailer rig. I like to see what's happening way on down the road, especially on busy interstates.

And no matter where I go, no matter where I park, it seems I always return to my car to find flanked by vehicles which require a stepladder for entry, forcing me to back out of the space blind. Most recently, to my right was one of those "8-foot tall Ford pickups," (piloted by a middle-aged lady of petite build who I watched basically fall out ot the thing). From the vantage point of my driver's seat, I couldn't even see its windows. It was like having a battleship pull-up alongside.

Veering back toward the topic, as I've mused here before, it's puzzling that Subaru would introduce an up-sized and up-priced SUV, no matter how well executed, to a market already saturated with large, inefficient and overpriced vehicles.

And are they ever gonna advertise the thing? I watch (too much) TV and subscribe to magazines ranging from U.S. News to Smithsonian to Rolling Stone, and I've yet to see the first spot.

dcb